Do you know... EPFL / The National
CONDITIONS OF USE
Please read the following terms and conditions before entering the ‘École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) / The National – Do you know?’ competition (‘Competition’). By entering the Competition you will be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions. Information on how to enter the Competition and any associated promotional material forms part of the terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions and such information, these terms and conditions will prevail.
The Competition has been organised by the EPFL and The National (‘Organisers’) and is offered subject to the terms and conditions set out below. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, references to the ‘Organisers’ incorporates their related companies, respective advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns.
ENTRY INTO COMPETITION
- The Competition commences on June 24 2012 and closes at 5.00 pm on August 11th 2012 (‘Competition period’).
- To be eligible to enter the Competition you must:
- be a citizen of, or legally permitted to enter and return to, the United Arab Emirates for the purposes of claiming the Grand Prize (as defined below);
- have reached the age of 18 at the time of entry;
- Employees (and immediate family members of employees) of the Organisers or their related companies are ineligible to enter the Competition. ‘Immediate family’ is defined as parents, siblings, children, spouse, civil union partner, or de-facto partner (to the extent legally recognized).
HOW TO WIN
- Entrants may enter the Competition by answering any of the 7 ‘Do you know…?’ questions as published in The National during the Competition Period, and by submitting such answers in accordance with the instructions set out on the website www.epfl.ae Each entrant may attempt to answer each question only once. The more questions that an entrant answers correctly, the more likely it is that the entrant will win.
- All correct answers will count towards the Competition. Entrants will be ranked according to the number of correct answers submitted, with the person having correctly answered the most questions being ranked first. Where more than one entrant has submitted the same number of correct answers, those entrants will be randomly allocated a ranking by the judges.
- The three top-ranked participants will be the winners of the Competition (‘Winners’).
- All judges’ decisions will be final in relation to the correctness of any answers. There will be no exchange of written correspondence.
- The Organisers accept no responsibility for late, lost, or misdirected entries, or the unavailability or inaccessibility of the applicable website.
- The grand prize for each of the three top-ranked participants of the Competition (‘Grand Prizes’) is: One Apple iPad and one Logitech Solar Keyboard;
- The Grand Prizes must be redeemed before 30 September 2012 so that the Grand Prizes can be delivered to the winners before that date. The Grand Prizes will be invalid after 30th September 2012 and will thereafter be cancelled without any compensation or liability to the Winner.
- The Grand Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable for any other prize, nor can they be substituted in whole or in part for credit, cash, status, or otherwise.
PRIZE DRAW DATE AND CLAIMING THE PRIZES
- The identity of the Winners will be determined by the judges appointed by the Organisers on 11th August 2012. Each Winner will be notified by email on or about that date. Each Winner must respond to the Organisers within one week of such notification to claim the Grand Prize.
- If a Winner does not respond to such notification in accordance with these terms and conditions or is unwilling or unable to comply with these terms and conditions, he or she will be disqualified.
- The Organisers reserve the right to request the Winners to provide proof of his or her identity and age. Acceptable forms of identification and evidence of age are at the sole discretion of the Organisers.
- The judges’ decision as to the Winners is final and no correspondence regarding the Competition will be entered into with entrants other than the Winners.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT BY ENTRANTS
- By entering the Competition each entrant:
- confirms his or her eligibility for the Competition and compliance with these terms and conditions;
- agrees to accept the Prizes as offered without alteration or variation;
- releases the Organisers from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Competition, or out of the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the whole or part of the Prizes; and
- agrees to participate in publicity activities, such as photograph sessions and interviews, related to the Competition and grants to the Organisers the unrestricted right to record, publish, reproduce, copy, communicate, transmit, or broadcast in any media and by any means without any further compensation the name, photograph, portrait, likeness, audio-video recording, interview, voice, or printed record thereof of that entrant for the purposes of advertising and promoting the Competition and the business of the Organisers and awarding and publishing the Prizes.
- Acceptance and use of a Prize is at the Winners’ own risk and is the responsibility (as the case may be). The Organisers will not be liable for any personal injury, loss, damage (whether direct or indirect), cost, or expense howsoever caused (including through negligence or breach of statutory duty) arising out of or in connection with:
- the Competition, the Prizes, or the claiming or use of the Prizes;
- the acts or omissions of the Organisers (and their shareholders, related companies, employees, contractors and agents); or
- any event or occurrence beyond the control of the Organisers, and the Winners indemnify and hold the Organisers harmless from and against any Claims.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Organisers disclaim all guarantees, warranties, and representations of any kind (whether express, implied, or statutory) in respect of the Competition, a Prize, and the claiming and use of a Prize.
- The Organisers reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at its discretion without prior notification, subject to applicable laws.
- If for any reason the Competition cannot be conducted as planned, the Organisers reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to any applicable laws.
- All entries and correspondence become the property of the Organisers and will not be returned to the entrants.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the law of the United Arab Emirates. By entering into the Competition, you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United Arab Emirates courts in relation to any matter arising under or in relation to these terms and conditions.
- By entering the contest all contestants accept the Terms and Conditions.